System introduction and technical speciﬁcationof small compound UAV “XTW-5”
XTW-5 is a vertical take-off and landing fixed-wing UAV. This kind of UAV system owns some superior qualities like high reliability, easy operation, optimized aerodynamic layout. XTW-5 with big mission load, long duration, has been successfully applied in the field like aerial survey, emergency rescue, forest fire prevention and firefighting, land and resources investigation, disaster monitoring and assessment. It has become a helpful tool in aerial remote sensing and monitoring.
Max Mission load
Max Climb Rate
Take-off and Landing Mode
Piston-type gasoline engine: 4h
EFI engine: 6-8h
parachuting and automatic landing
1. Airframe adopts aerial-grade carbon fibre composite material. It is rugged, durable and robust and can be used in all kinds of complicated environment.
2. All parts are modular and easy to assemble and disassemble.
3. Support one-button full-autonomous vertical take-off an landing, full-autonomous vertical take-off and landing at different locations, the emergency opening of the umbrella, emergency landing to ensure flight safety.
4. Auto locking and tracking of the selected target in the video imagery.
5. Preset 100 emergency landing points, permitting automatic landing in the vicinity in case of emergency.
6. By equipping with self-independence route planning software, optimal flight
shooting files and task report can be quickly generated based on the polygon vertex coordinates of the measured area and all kinds of spectral remote sensing and aerial parameters, such as shooting scale, overlap rate, etc.
7. Built-in data memory, storing 9 hours of detailed flight data, flight information and task information recorded and downloaded separately.
8. POS data records up to 7000, supporting POS data export, import.
Low voltage and oil speed protection;
Abnormal performance protection;
Abnormal altitude protection;
Low-accuracy GPS positioning protection;
Integrated navigation system fault protection;
Exceeding maximum control radius protection;
Exceeding the planned route safety protection;
Communication interrupt and timeout protection;
Preset 100 emergency landing points, permitting automatic landing in the vicinity in case of emergency;
Protection measures including automatic return, automatic parachuting and automatic landing
Land and resources investigation
Disaster monitoring and assessment
Forest fire prevention and firefighting